Milhaus Development affiliate Hamilton and Blue Rock, LLC to develop a mixed use project on 2.39 acres in Northside.
The Indianapolis-based developer will be making its entrance into the Cincinnati market with a $10.5 million project consisting of approximately 100 market-rate apartments and 8,000 square feet of street-front commercial space. As part of the project, the historic Myron Johnson railroad depot at the southern terminus of Langland Street will be rehabilitated and incorporated into the development.
The City will sell the property for its estimated fair market value of $400,000, which will be used to pay for streetscape and other needed infrastructure improvements around the site.
A final development plan will need to be submitted and approved by the City Planning Commission and City Council before construction can begin.
Milhaus Development will seek LEED Silver certification from the U.S. Green Building Council. CR Architecture + Design is the project architect.
The City-owned property at Hamilton Avenue and Blue Rock Street was once home to the Myron G. Johnson & Son Lumber Co., which moved to a larger space in Queensgate in 2005. That same year, Anchor Properties proposed a suburban-style
Walgreens with a drive-through and 37-space surface parking lot for the site, but eventually pulled out of the project following a long period of community opposition.
The northern portion of the property, at 1539 Knowlton Street, once was home to Mergard's Bowling Alley. The building was demolished in 2011.
Images courtesy of Milhaus Development/Facebook
Previous reading on BC:
Planning Commission Friday: Pogue's Garage, Hyatt, Northside redevelopment (6/6/13)
Northside CC supports Hamilton/Blue Rock project, sees designs (5/21/13)
City soliciting proposals for former Northside lumber yard (7/30/12)
Northside lumber yard redevelopment to be community process (6/15/12)
Northside's Factory Square set to begin (6/22/10)