The $82 million project, being developed by Towne Properties and Al. Neyer, Inc., is filling in the blocks roughly bounded by W McMillan and Calhoun streets and W Clifton and Ohio avenues with 161 apartments, 80,000 square feet of retail space, 40,000 square feet of office space, two public parking garages, and a public plaza.
The development is seeking LEED certification from the U.S. Green Building Council.
The following photos were taken April 6, 2013. The tour begins at the corner of Calhoun Street and Ohio Avenue, then proceeds westward and counterclockwise around the development.
Please click on each photo to enlarge to 640 x 480 resolution.
1. Calhoun Street, a nice welcome to the business district.
2. Design reminds me of the Gateway Condos.
4. Rue21 is now open.
6. Body Central is also open.
8. Site of the future public plaza, and a new through street.
16. Garages seem to dominate no matter where you are.
19. On to the W McMillan Street side.
30. Future through street, again.
Previous reading on BC:
Motion requires prevailing wage on projects receiving 30% City support (4/1/13)