Because press conferences NEVER start on time, I made my way to the Taylor-Southgate Bridge to grab a couple of long distance photos. I should've kept walking...the presentation was boring.
There are a couple of additional photos. Both were taken on November 3...one at the stalled The Views project in Covington's Lewisburg neighborhood, and the other near the site of the mixed-use River's Edge at Eastside Pointe project in Covington's East Side neighborhood.
These 15 photos have been added to the following galleries:
- Taylor's Landing (Newport) +13 (52 photos)
- Cincinnati skyline +1 (95 photos)
- East Side (Covington) +1 (4 photos)
Like what you see? The Building Cincinnati galleries include 4,947 photographs of dozens of Greater Cincinnati communities.
1. Newport. W 4th Street.
2. Newport. New addition to the Campbell County Courthouse.
4. Newport. New meets old at the Campbell County Courthouse at 4th and York streets (1875-1899), designed by L.H. Wilson and A.C. Nash and added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. Photo taken from W Southgate Street.
6. Newport. Security measures! Campbell County Courthouse plaza.
7. Newport. Historical marker, Campbell County Courthouse plaza, W Southgate Street side.
8. Newport. Entry, Campbell County Courthouse.
9. Newport. Plaque on flagpole, Campbell County Courthouse plaza.
10. Newport. Historical marker, Campbell County Courthouse plaza, W 4th Street side.
11. Newport. Period buildings, W 4th Street again.
12. Newport. A view of the entire Courthouse from the base of the Taylor-Southgate Bridge.
13. Newport. Looking at Mt. Adams and the Purple People Bridge. Fireworks are comin'.
14. Lewisburg. Hazy skyline shot from Grays Peak at The Views development.
15. East Side. Blight on E Robbins Street, hopefully to be rejuvenated with the development of River's Edge at Eastside Pointe.
Previous reading on BC:
Construction photos: River's Edge, Vue 180, Nth Degree Distilling, 11/3/12 (11/6/12)
RFP for Newport affordable housing construction, rehabs (10/16/12)
Campbell County dedicates $31M courthouse renovation, expansion (9/4/12)
Newport housing authority seeking bidders for market rate project (8/20/12)
Newport dedicates, again, a park for hard working native (5/23/12)