Monday, August 27, 2007

Link: outside.in

outside.in is a news aggregator and local networking tool that went live a few months ago.

Users can become a "neighbor" by signing up and creating a profile. You can then submit news, comments, or information about places, down to the ZIP code.

What I really like is the aggregator functions. They currently scan 14 local blogs (mine included). Every time I blog about a place, it is added to my map. You can then hover around these places on the map and find other stories or comments related to that place.

The service is currently operating in 54 cities and has been active locally for a month or two.

Is any of this making any sense? I'm probably not the best person to describe it because I'm still confused by most of it. I really haven't spent much time there, and I'd like to see what happens with this in the future.